Stellenangebot: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (m/f/d)
Professor Dr. Klaus Goetz
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München is a leading research university in Europe. Since its founding in 1472 it has been committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching.
The Chair of Political Systems and European Integration (Professor Dr. Klaus H. Goetz) at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) at the Geschwister Scholl Institute of Political Science (GSI) is advertising with a start date of November 1st, 2022 (or thereafter) two positions as
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (m/f/d, 100%, TV-L E 13 or E 14)
- Conducting research in the context of the ERC Advanced Grant Project SYNCPOL, focused the cross-national and over-time analysis of synchronization in multi-level contexts. Specific focus is on 1) What happens when political demands for “faster action”, “more time” and “extended time horizons” challenge synchronization arrangements in multi-level policy domains, and 2) How the reshaping of synchronization arrangements alters the vertical and horizontal distribution of political power amongst governments, parliaments and administrative agencies and the types of power in Europe’s multi-level system.
- In-depth analysis of a policy-domain: migration-asylum or public health policy.
- Joint publication of research results with the research team.
- Contributing to the administrative tasks of the project.
- An excellent dissertation in a social science discipline relevant to SYNCPOL (completed by the start date).
- Research interests related to SYNCPOL.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in one additional European language is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience of working on cross-national, comparative projects.
- Excellent knowledge of cross-national data collection, management and analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience in the design and implementation of mixed methods research as well as experience in text analysis, process tracing, survey design and conducting interviews.
- Pay is based on TV-L, “Entgeltgruppe” E 13 or E 14, based on experience. The work load is 40,1 hours a week.
- The start date is negotiable and is initially restricted to a duration of three years (probation six months) with the possibility of extending it for another two years.
- Your workplace will be centrally located in Munich and can be easily reached by public transport.
- Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if they are otherwise essentially equally qualified. The LMU has signed the "Charter of Diversity" and is committed to the diversity of its employees. We therefore actively promote equality between women and men.
- More information on the Family Service of the LMU can be found here.
Please submit the following (in English):
- Cover letter that explains your motivation to join the SYNCPOL project and what qualifies you for the post
- Contact data for two referees (referees will be contacted only at the interview stage)
The submission deadline is September 1st, 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Please submit your application by Email (in one PDF, max. 5MB) to Professor Dr. Klaus H. Goetz, email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Professor Dr. Klaus H. Goetz.